Last Revised Date:
January 1, 2008
- Any teacher or school employee who has knowledge of or reason to suspect child abuse or neglect shall report this to their building principal.
- The school Principal will report the suspected abuse or neglect orally to the Department of Social Services or to the Aberdeen Police Department immediately upon receiving the information from the building principal.
- The principal shall then call the report to the school Dean.
- The Suspected Child Abuse Referral form shall be completed by the building principal and forwarded to the school Dean’s office within 24 hours.
- In order to protect the child, any contact with the parents or guardian of the child shall originate with the Division of Social Services and/or the AberdeenPolice Department.
< View all policies