The goal of the ACSS is to make a Catholic education available to any family who chooses it. Annually, Roncalli offers over $120,000 in tuition assistance for K-12 in the form of scholarships and work-study grants.
As a private Catholic school system, the ACSS must charge tuition, but every effort is made to keep tuition as affordable as possible so that all parents who want a Catholic education for their children can have one. The Sacred Heart and St. Mary's Parish Communities provide substantial support to the ACSS to keep down the cost of tuition. In addition, many donors have established scholarships. Scholarship and financial aid application materials are available in the spring of each year preceding the year for which aid will be awarded.
Our promise: If you sincerely wish to come here, we’ll do everything we can to make it work.
The deadline for applications for the 2024-2025 school year is March 31, 2024
Step 1: Online Aid Application
TADS APPLICATION LINK: https://secure.tads.com please click the VISIT button below Financial Aid Application designation.
This first step is for new families that have already applied and been accepted to ACSS or current families. You must complete an online aid application through TADS in order to be considered for tuition assistance. The application window opens on February 9, 2024.
***NOTE: In regard to the SD Partners in Education Scholarship. Families who are re-applying or families who are applying for the first time. You can complete this application at the same time you submit the ACSS financial aid application. While in the TADS site simply check the box for the SD Partners in Education Scholarship.
Step 2: Complete K-12 General Application
Step 3: Complete Work Grant Application
Scholarships requiring specific applications
To be considered for O'Keefe and Mullally scholarships below, separate applications in addition to the general application are required. Please review all form descriptions to determine if you qualify to apply for these.
William H. O’Keefe Scholarship - PDF | Word
Students entering grades 9 through 11 are eligible for this scholarship. Applicants must also complete the K-12 General Scholarship/Financial Aid Application above.
Sister Mary Mullally Loyola Scholarship Application - PDF | Word
Students entering grade 12 who are in financial need must complete the Mullally scholarship application as well as the K-12 General Scholarship/Financial Aid Application above.
Presentation Sisters Catholic School Scholarship - PDF | Website
Please contact Jane Schaffer, 229-8417 or check the website for scholarship application. Applications must be postmarked by March 15, 2024
Financial Aid Application due to special circumstances
Additional Scholarship Opportunities Available
Most scholarships are established as endowed funds that make annual scholarship awards from the fund’s earnings during the year. 53 scholarship funds offer more than 68 annual awards totaling more than $117,000.
We appreciate the generous donors who have established the following tuition scholarships at Roncalli, which help students at all levels:
- Aileen Goetz Memorial Scholarship
- Albin and Delphine Janusz Memorial Scholarship
- Brad J. Brummond Memorial Scholarship
- Brandon Lee Weiszhaar Memorial Scholarship
- Juletta and Bud Smith Scholarship
- Carole Maloney Scholarship
- Cavalier Scholarship
- Dan Lipp/Alumni Scholarship
- Dennis and Linda Batteen Scholarship
- DeWalt-Johnson Scholarship
- Edith VanOrman Scholarship
- F.A.S.T Scholarship
- Fr. Howard Carroll Scholarship
- Fr. James Wolf Scholarship
- Frank and Helen Schultz Scholarship
- Frank Schultz, Jr. Scholarship
- George and Mary Kremer Foundation Scholarship
- Hollis Hurlbert True Gentleman Christian Ethics Scholarship
- Holy Trinity Scholarship
- Howard "Mick" Donovan Scholarship
- James F. Coughlin Memorial Service Scholarship
- Jean Hurlbert Scholarship
- Jerald McNeary Memorial Scholarship
- Joe Lien Memorial Scholarship
- John and Lorraine Evelo Scholarship
- Joseph and Pauline Fischer Memorial Scholarship
- Karl Eckrich Memorial Scholarship
- Kenneth and Marjorie Beckel Scholarship
- Kline Family Scholarship
- Krueger Family Scholarship
- Lee and Peg Goetz Family Math & Science Scholarship
- Leo and Joanne McGrane Scholarship
- Margaret H. and Roger A. Schumacher Scholarship
- Marvel Troske Music Scholarship
- Pam White Memorial Scholarship
- Paul and Margaret Gisi Scholarship
- Phyllis Jacobson Goodman Scholarship
- Presentation Sisters Scholarship
- Randall Family Scholarship
- Sandy Dosch Memorial Scholarship
- Sr. Mary Braun Scholarship
- Sr. Mary Mullally Loyola Scholarship
- Schiller Family Scholarship
- Stan and Connie Siegel Scholarship
- Steele-Respect Life Scholarship
- Terry O'Keefe Scholarship
- Tom and Margaret Morrow Tomorrow Scholarship
- Tom Murphy Scholarship
- Vern E. Clausen Memorial Scholarship
- Walter Blossey Scholarship
- William O'Keefe Scholarship