The goal of the ACSS is to make a Catholic education available to any family who chooses it. Annually, Roncalli offers $100,000 in tuition assistance for K-12 in the form of scholarships and work-study grants.
As a private Catholic school system, the ACSS must charge tuition, but every effort is made to keep tuition as affordable as possible so that all parents who want a Catholic education for their children can have one. The Sacred Heart and St. Mary's Parish Communities provide substantial support to the ACSS to keep down the cost of tuition. In addition, many donors have established scholarships. Scholarship and financial aid application materials are available in the spring of each year preceding the year for which aid will be awarded.
Only those applications that have been completed in their entirety, and signed, will be considered for financial aid.
The deadline for applications for the 2021-2022 school year is March 12, 2021
Step 1: Online Aid Application
All applicants must first complete an online aid application in order to be considered for tuition assistance. That application may be found here.
Step 2: Complete K-12 General Application
Step 3: Complete Work Grant Application
** Scholarships requiring specific applications: To be considered for O'Keefe and Mullally scholarships below, separate applications in addition to the general application are required. Please review all form descriptions to determine if you qualify to apply for these.
William H. O’Keefe Scholarship - PDF | Word
Students entering grades 9 through 11 are eligible for this scholarship. Applicants must also complete the K-12 General Scholarship/Financial Aid Application above.
Sister Mary Mullally Loyola Scholarship Application - PDF | Word
Only students entering grade 12 who are in the top 50% of their class and declare to remain substance free are eligible. Applicants must also complete the K-12 General Scholarship/Financial Aid Application above.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities Available
South Dakota Partners in Education - Website
Check the website for scholarship application availability and deadlines.
Presentation Sisters Catholic School Scholarship - Website
Please contact Jane Schaffer, 229-8417 or check the website for scholarship application. Applications must be postmarked by March 12, 2021
Most scholarships are established as endowed funds that make annual scholarship awards from the fund’s earnings during the year. 44 scholarship funds offer more than 50 annual awards totaling more than $81,000.
We appreciate the generous donors who have established the following tuition scholarships at Roncalli, which help students at all levels:
- Aileen Goetz Memorial Scholarship
- Brad J. Brummond Memorial Scholarship
- Brandon Lee Weiszhaar Memorial Scholarship
- Juletta and Bud Smith Scholarship
- Carole Maloney Scholarship
- Cavalier Scholarship
- Dan Lipp/Alumni Scholarship
- DeWalt-Johnson Scholarship
- Edith VanOrman Scholarship
- F.A.S.T Scholarship
- Fr. Howard Carroll Scholarship
- Fr. James Wolf Scholarship
- Frank and Helen Schultz Scholarship
- Frank Schultz, Jr. Scholarship
- Heintzman Family Scholarship
- Hollis Hurlbert True Gentleman Christian Ethics Scholarship
- Howard "Mick" Donovan Scholarship
- James F. Coughlin Memorial Service Scholarship
- Jerald McNeary Memorial Scholarship
- Joe Lien Memorial Scholarship
- John and Lorraine Evelo Scholarship
- Karl Eckrich Memorial Scholarship
- Kenneth and Marjorie Beckel Scholarship
- Krueger Family Scholarship
- Leo and Joanne McGrane Scholarship
- Margaret H. and Roger A. Schumacher Scholarship
- Marvel Troske Music Scholarship
- Michael and Philomena Schumacher Scholarship
- Paxton Shafer Scholarship
- Phyllis Jacobson Goodman Scholarship
- Presentation Sisters Scholarship
- Randall Family Scholarship
- Sandy Dosch Memorial Scholarship
- Sr. Mary Braun Scholarship
- Sr. Mary Mullally Loyola Scholarship
- Schiller Family Scholarship
- Stan and Connie Siegel Scholarship
- Steele-Respect Life Scholarship
- Terry O'Keefe Scholarship
- Tom Guhin Memorial Scholarship
- Tom and Margaret Morrow Tomorrow Scholarship
- Tom Murphy Scholarship
- Vern E. Clausen Memorial Scholarship
- William O'Keefe Scholarship