Policy for Attendance of Non-Catholic Students
- Attendance at all schools of the Aberdeen Catholic School System is open to non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students who desire to enroll in one of the attendance centers of the Aberdeen Catholic School System must complete the application form supplied by the school system.
- Students enrolled in the Aberdeen Public Schools who wish to transfer to the Aberdeen Catholic School System must complete the application form supplied by the school systems that a transfer would be beneficial to the total educational development of the student.
- Non-Catholic students will be required to participate in the full academic and religious program of the Aberdeen Catholic School System, i.e. attend regular Religion classes and the liturgical celebrations required of Catholic students. If exceptional circumstances exist which may make the fulfillment of these requirements impossible, the Aberdeen CatholicSchool Board of Education may, by majority vote, allow excuse from this requirement and subsequent enrollment in the Aberdeen Catholic School System. No exceptions are to be made without approval of the Board.
- Students will not be accepted who desire to attend one of the Catholic schools simply as a matter of convenience (transportation, etc.) or simply for participation in co-curricular activities, or only for academic reasons.The student and his family must have an honest desire to participate in and obtain the special benefits of a Christian, religious educational program and environment.